1. Why 300 TOPICS? It is because English has many areas of knowledge and skills not to mention strategies and exceptions. Languagelab has mapped the ENTIRE range of English competencies from reading strategies, speed reading to phonemic awareness, phonetics to creative writing to make it easy for learner of any age.
2. How does Languagelab's SYSTEM work? Students WATCH an animated video to learn key ideas in ONE area of knowledge or skill such as speed reading or characterisation with teacher's guidance. Next, they are quizzed using Language APP to test their new knowledge. Then, teachers issue TARGETED worksheets, with more worksheets for weak language areas and less for stronger ones.
3. What's Languagelab's system BUILT with? It is built with 3 parts - 300 videos, app & targeted worksheets Videos - 300 topics App - quizzes for 300 English topics; to relearn and revise anytime, anywhere after registration as a student Worksheets - targeted for each learner, based on quiz results, for more practice on weaknesses and to build on strengths
4. Why can't reading ALONE help to improve English? Reading is a passive exercise. We can learn SOME grammar and vocabulary in this way but since English has a whole range of language skills and strategies, we need to master these too. It's like learning most skill-based knowledge; we need BOTH theory (vocabulary and grammar) and practical (skills and strategies).
5. What's the DIFFERENCE between Languagelab and other teaching systems? Languagelab has systemised and standardised English with 300 HD videos for every key idea. Each is animated with moving visuals and sound as most learners are visual and auditory. Finally, they are gamified to make them interesting for ALL levels of students, especially for young children. Children at a small age learn through play and older students prefer gaming too, as a quick test of ability. Most systems are either passive (animations or learning videos) or gamified (e-learning) with English grammar and vocabulary; we increase the depth (300 topics) and breadth (animations, gamification and quizzes) for learning.
6. What's the requirement to start learning English with Languagelab? Register for a free 30-min experience of how English is made easy. Each student receives an exclusive Languagelab merchandise and a scorecard showing language strengths and weaknesses. You may then decide on the best course of action for your child.
7. Do I need to buy any supplementary material if my child is already enrolled? There is no need to. All Languagelab students get access to use the full suite of our resources - videos, animations, textbooks, worksheets, past year papers and games - as part of the monthly fee.